All participants who are registered to the tournament are admitted as they have already read and accepted to obey all the rules&procedures written below. More detailed information will be given before the start of the event.
· Players will be accepted to the venue by 12:30 on 28th of January 2022, Friday.
· The first activity will be the "Richard Lukas Memorial Warm-Up" side event which will start at 14:00 and is free of charge for players who have completed their registrations to any main flight (Masters & Intermediates) until that moment.
· At 20:30, all start will be given for both main flights. Late arrivals will be accepted for 30 more minutes, then players who still do not have an opponent in first round will be assigned a "bye".
MAIN FLIGHT FORMATS:
· The format of both main flights is Single Elimination brackets of Main with "Progressive" Consolation and Last Chance rounds. The maximum contingencies of each flight are 128 players in principle. Tournament Director keeps the right to accept more players in case of high attendance.
· In both flights, all registered players will be put into a manual random draw for the Main Bracket. Those who lose a match in any round of Main will go down to Consolation. Players who get a 2nd loss without reaching any prize will be drawn for Last Chance and those who get their 3rd loss will be eliminated.
· Consolation will start on 29th of January 2022, Saturday, and Last Chance on 30th of January 2022, Sunday.
· In both flights, top 4 players in Main and top 2 players in Consolation will reach prizes and will not take part in lower brackets.
· During the championship, players will have the chance to try their skills in side events of Richard Lukas Memorial Warm-Up, Erhan Doğrusöz Memorial 869BG Speedgammon Cup, 1-Pointer, Gür Sakarya Memorial Swing, Affan Başak Memorial Doubles Consultation and BG4BG Jackpot for additional prizes.
· Richard Lukas Memorial Warm-Up is a Single Elimination model side event which will start on 28th of January 2022, Friday, before the start of main flights and will be free of charge for all pre-registered players.
· Erhan Doğrusöz Memorial 869BG Speedgammon Cup, 1-Pointer and BG4BG Jackpot side events can be played all 3 days of the championship as long as there are free spots left.
· Affan Başak Memorial Doubles Consultation side event will start on 29th of January 2022, Saturday in the afternoon.
· "Gür Sakarya Memorial Swing" side event will start right after the dinner break on 29th of January 2022, Saturday at 22:00 and will be concluded the same night.
· In principle, players who are still occupied in a category can not participate in "Swing" or "Doubles Consultation" side events. However, Tournament Director may approve the participation of those in such a situation to "Doubles Consultation" side event if and only if they accepts to let their partners to play alone as long as they are occupied themselves in individual pairings.
· Detailed information about side events will be given at the venue during the championship.
· Pre-announced Covid-19 Safety Protocol will be strictly applied during the event, with an expectation of all guests full cooperation.
· Penalty points might be assigned to players who are not present in the playing room although they still have matches to play.
· During a game, it is strongly prohibited to talk and behave in a way that leads the opponent to be distracted.
· When a dispute arises, without leaving their seats, both players must leave dice, checkers, and score sheets unchanged while the Tournament Director is summoned.
· Tournament Director keeps the right to reject the participation of any player in the championship without giving any reason.
· Entry fees of forfeited players are not refunded.
· Apart from the food & non-alcoholic beverages which will be offered by our organization during the Opening Cocktail at 19:30 on 28th of January 2022, Friday, any extras participants make during the event are on their own responsibilities.
· Playing money games in the tournament venue is prohibited.
WBF-Turkiye 2022 Istanbul Open Backgammon Championship is organized and will be directed according to Worldwide Backgammon Federation, "WBF" standards by Arda Fındıkoğlu & his team. Our host facility Akgün İstanbul Hotel, Tournament Director Arda Fındıkoğlu & event crew members wish the best of luck to all participants.